Wednesday, April 2, 2014

What I Wore: Springtime in Classic Lolita!

 It's officially spring! This is a coordinate for an impromptu afternoon tea I held for my friend Carol and I. My boyfriend, who is the sweetest in the land, made us some lovely tea sandwiches, as well as water flavored with raspberries, lemon, and cucumber slices, and Carol baked cookies. I thought I'd have more time to make something than I actually did, so I just bought some macarons and lemon bars.

In honor of spring, I wanted to go for a pastoral, almost flower-child like vibe. This skirt, which was handmade by one of the NYC lolitas, is really perfect for that theme, as it depicts Victorian men and women playing croquet and promenading outside. I left my hair in its natural curls, though I contained them slightly in twin tails (which I haven't worn in forever! Since I stopped wearing sweet lolita, I believe?)


Rundown:
Cutsew: Angelic Pretty
Skirt: Dix Macabre
Flower crown: Wet Seal
Tights: Target
Boots: Funtasma

How do you like my boots? They were my anniversary present from boyfriend, and I'm fairly obsessed, to tell the truth! I've been meaning to buy a pair of Victorian-style boots for years and years, but when I found these I unfortunately didn't have much spending money. I was going to just wait until payday, but then Ryan offered to buy them for me as an anniversary present! It's a good thing, too, because I always do that end then either lose the link to whatever it is I wanted to buy, or talk myself out of it by the time I actually get the money. It's a terrible habit of mine!

Detail shots:


Are you as excited as I am for the change of seasons? I feel like spring is the perfect time of year for lolita fashion, but autumn can be so beautiful as well. I'm always drawn to lighter palettes when it starts getting warm, like this outfit, but I don't think I'll be able to leave my dark colors behind completely...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails