Friday, February 14, 2014

LBC: Romantic Valentine's Day outfits!

Hello all, time for another Lolita Blog Carnival! This week's theme, aptly, was romantic outfits for Valentine's Day. Originally I wasn't going to submit for it, but I remembered this afternoon that I have a photoshoot which would be perfect for the theme! And since I've been meaning to post it for weeks now, I figured this was as good a time as any.


This is from a photoshoot my boyfriend and I did during the first snowfall of the season! It was really exciting then, but now that I'm wallowing under almost 4 feet of the stuff I'm kind of over it...


There are plenty of reasons why this is a great outfit for Valentine's Day. First, the luxurious fabrics like velvet, satin, lace, and vintage fur are perfect for the holiday. Secondly, the color palette reminds me of something a Moulin Rouge dancer would wear, and third, the french braided hairstyle adorned with a vintage rose hairpiece makes is lovely and wonderfully festive!


This french braid hairstyle is perfect for gothic lolita or classic lolita, especially with a red rose hair flower!
Aforementioned french braided hairstyle

Outfit Rundown:

❤Top: Offbrand velvet riding jacket
❤Skirt: The Black Ribbon
❤Hair flower and fur: Vintage
❤Harness: COVEN
❤Tights: Offbrand from Japan
❤Heels: Payless
❤Bracelet: Purchased at ConnectiCon

And one more detail shot, for good measure! You can just barely see the rhinestone and flocked velvet detail on the back of the tights.


I'll probably do a post with more photos from the shoot, since I'm fairly happy with how they came out, but for now, here are some more romantic outfits from other members of the LBC!




  • Vanillas Traumfrabrik
  • Daily Fuckery
  • Lolita Glamour
  • BreiĆ°holt
  • Pink Lace and Glitter
  • Under the Parasol
  • New Vogue Children
  • Pretty Little Habits
  • Northern Star
  • Sweet and Simple
  • Beyond Kawaii
  • Whimsical Adventures of Me



  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

    LinkWithin

    Related Posts with Thumbnails