Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Daily Outfit 4/23/11

I did it- I gave Anime Boston another chance. This time, I tried my hand at vending in the Artist's Alley, where I shared a table with Carolyn of Ophanim Gothique. I had help from the lovely Miss Marrisa (check out her blog here!), who manned my table while I meandered about the con and let me nap on her when I got back. While I'll hopefully have a few more photos to show later in the week, here are some outfit shots of what we wore!






♥Rundown♥:
Bonnet: Ophanim
OP: Angelic Pretty
Cardigan (purchased at the con from Kathryn!): Emily Temple Cute
Socks: Angelic Pretty
Shoes: Bodyline
Corset (shown below): Lolita Nouveau





 Shame the only picture I have of the corset in this outfit is such a shoddy one... in which I was sorting through my drugs... (Don't worry, they're just tylenol and ibuprofen!)







 ♥Rundown♥:
Bonnet: Ophanim
Cardigan and top: Offrand
Skirt: Candy Violet
Socks: Fan + Friend
Shoes: Bodyline
Jewelry: Offbrand & Ophanim


Amaranth Opulent did a pretty good business that day! I sold more than half of what I brought and definitely met expectations, profit-wise. And it was so nice to see everyone again, or meet you all for the first time! I've been saying that my experience at this Anime Boston would be what determines if I continue going to cons, and despite an absolutely wretched beginning of the day (missing our bus and forgetting my wallet and umbrella at our friends' house, after fifteen minutes of sleep all night), my experience this Saturday really was a great one. It was really nice to just chill with Caro, her boyfriend Justin, and Marrisa, and seeing everyone was really great too. If the opportunity comes up to vend at another convention, I might jump on it, but as far as general attendance goes I think this'll probably be my last time. I'm just too old for this crap! I started going to anime cons when I was 12- that's almost a decade of cosplayers, otaku, and all the other things that come with conventions, and I'm really not sure if I'm up for the money- and energy-drain anymore!



Readers: Do you go to anime conventions? Do you like it?


Bonus: What I wore at AB last year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails