Sunday, March 21, 2010

Zodiac-loli: Water Signs

I have to admit, I definitely had the most trouble with this one. Water is inconstant and flows freely with the tides, so all water signs are incredibly hard to define as their personal situations so profoundly affect them. These are the signs that I expect the most issues to be most contingent with, so if any of these descriptions don't suit our Water-Lolis, well, I'm not going to be surprised XD; I did try my best, though, and here are the conclusions I could come to:

Scorpio v1

Scorpio, the Scorpion: Scorpios are what Jen call “the vitality of the extremes.” They are sharp, stark, distinct, but still feminine and oldworldly, so here I've selected for them a rigid corset with a skirt that's architectural but still cascading with a waterfall of soft, feminine ruffles. Scorpio favors statements more than patterns; they'll like structured pieces that make a splash in their construction details, not in prints or patterns. Scorpio is enticing, Scorpio is mysterious, is skin in all the right places with a touch of exoticism. Hair is usually unrestrained – the iconic Scorpio has long, flowing hair that she wears down and naturally curly/wavy. I really find it difficult to imagine a Scorpio in anything except ero, to be honest, though because of this idea of extremes, I wouldn't be surprised to receive comments on this from super-OTT sweet Scorpios or wearers of understated classic. Colors Jen and I discussed are, unsurprisingly, black, blood red, white (again, the dichotomy of the extremes), and silver jewelry.

Pisces v1

Pisces, the Fishes: Pisces... oh man. Pisces is very difficult to describe, because they're so incredibly affected by water, and therefore very changing. Pisces, the fish, flows through the water with ease, fighting currents and ebbing with the tides. Similarly, a Piscean is usually very laidback, very go-with-the-flow, yet they're also stereotypically very funky and eclectic – this is one of the stereotypical “hippie” signs. They love unique pieces and are likely to combine them all and wear them all at the same time, but as they err to the traditional side often, they're more likely to go with an established style than to go TOO far left-feel, and will probably prefer sweet or classic. For some reason, Pisceans also have some weird thing with feet. I don't know, I don't get it, but if they can't be barefoot, they'll probably go to the other extreme and have a huge collection of funky, off-the-wall shoes. They're also very into construction: they love well-fitted, soft garments that flow but still cling, as they have a strong sense of scale and proportion. Pisces is said to be the sign that feels the most strongly; they will love completely because they hurt completely. However, they're very secretive and private, so they'll probably prefer light colors over dark; it's another way for them to keep the dark inside, where it's safe. They'll like blues, very light pinks, and other pastels for this reason.

Cancer v1

Cancer, the Crab: Cancers are soft with an edge. The crab works very hard to put on a hard shell to protect themselves from what they perceive to be the big, bad world. Their clothes are part of that shell; the Cancerian lolita will wear what she perceives, usually subconsciously, as being unapproachable. However, Cancer is ruled by the inconstant moon (forever changing in her nightly orb!), so whatever their mood happens to settle on that day is probably what they'll end up wearing. Light, seafoam green is often associated with Cancers, so I picked that color &then just went with my ~feelings,~ trying to channel the Crab. They also love old things – channel Cancer yourself by picking up some accessories from a vintage shop, like these gloves and this pearl bracelet.

Previous signs:

Other signs:

Zodiac-loli: Earth Signs and Introduction

Zodiac-loli: Air Signs

Zodiac-loli: Fire Signs

2 comments:

  1. I have to admit, that I kinda scrolled down right to Cancer, because I'm one...
    I LOVE IT. You did so well <3 That and it combines two of my favourite colours (mint and lilac) AND it has Lady Rose, which I absolutely adore. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm both an astrologer and lolita so this entry was kinda fun to read but a bit iffy on the astrology side. If you're gonna do more stuff with divination like "which tarot card resembles lolita" or "palmistry and lolita", look me up! I could be of some help.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails